About Us » FAQs


1. How do I make an appointment with my child's teacher?

Please call the Main Office (423-478-8807) and leave a message.  The office will submit your request to the teacher and the teacher will return your call.  You may also use the School Staff link, located on the left side of this page, to contact teachers through e-mail.  At any time you are welcome to send a note to the teacher in your child's take-home folder and/or agenda.

2. How do I sign up to become a parent volunteer?

Michigan Avenue has a Parent Involvement and a Parent Engagement Plan.  Please contact Sha'Ree Morgan, our Title I teacher, for more information about opportunities and procedures for becoming a parent volunteer.  Email:  smorgan @bradleyschools.org

3. How do I register my child at Michigan Avenue Elementary?

Pre-Registration for Kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year will be held at Michigan Avenue, in the Spring of 2019.   It is important to pre-register your child before the new school year begins.  This will ensure that our office knows in advance how many kindergarten students to expect.   The following documents are required at the time of pre-registration.

  • Birth Certificate
  • Tennessee School Immunization Certificate - (To obtain this certificate, parents should contact their child's doctor or the health department and schedule an appointment for a kindergarten physical. Children must have either had a physical or have an appointment to get a physical before entering school.)
  • Proof of Residence - (Acceptable proof includes a current utility bill, with the parent's name and address printed on it. If parents have not been living at the residence long enough to have a utility bill, a contract or lease of a house and/or apartment will be accepted.
  • Social Security Card

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact the Main Office (423-478-8807)