MICHIGAN AVENUE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL PROCEDURES— TRAFFIC FLOW 2018-2019 Morning Procedures: Car Riders
- Students may be dropped off at the front entrance beginning at 7:05 AM.
- All cars enter the campus from Michigan Avenue School Road in the AM. (To avoid disruption to traffic flow do NOT cut through the gym parking lot from Benton Pike)
- There will be no morning car drop-offs at the gym entrance or parking lot. This area is reserved for faculty parking and bus loading/unloading.
- Car riders will enter the building each morning through the front entrance. Students eating breakfast will report directly to the cafeteria upon entering the building.
- Car riders entering the building who are not eating breakfast should report directly to the gymnasium. Upon entering the building, all students are required to be in the gym or cafeteria under the supervision of the MAS faculty.
Morning Procedures: Bus Riders
- Students will exit the bus and walk directly into the gym and sit by grade level in the bleachers. Teachers will direct students eating breakfast to the cafeteria. Students will remain in their designated areas until dismissal by the classroom teachers.
Afternoon Car Pick-Up Policy:
- Cards will be issued to each car rider so that parents may use the car pick-up lanes for school dismissal. Cards should be displayed in the front windshield. All students who are afternoon car riders should be picked up in the designated car lanes outside of the building. To keep the traffic flow moving and to expedite pick-up of students all drivers should remain in their vehicles. All car riders must be picked up by 3:00 p.m. (There are various after school child care programs in the area if you are unable to pick up your child by 3 PM)
- Kindergarten through 3rd Grade students will use the car lanes in the front of the school. Students will exit the side cafeteria doors when their names are called and will load cars in the turn-around area beside the cafeteria. Parents will then exit the campus onto Michigan Avenue School Road.
- 4th and 5th Grade students and their siblings will be picked up outside the gym entrance. Students will exit the gym when their names are called and will load cars along the new sidewalk area beside the gym parking lot. Cars will then exit through the new parking lot to Benton Pike.
- 4th and 5th Grade parents PLEASE NOTE: CARS MUST BE OFF THE ROAD AND OUT OF THE WAY FOR BUSES. Parents may not begin lining up for afternoon pick-up until ALL buses have pulled onto campus. All buses are scheduled to arrive no later than 2:40 p.m. After buses are on campus, Cars may then pull behind the buses through the back driveway. IF YOU ARRIVE BEFORE BUSES, PLEASE PARK IN THE PARKING LOT NEAR THE GYM.